- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Rinse Fremantle Octopus under cold running water.
- Place a medium pot of salted water over high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Once your pot comes to a rapid boil, gently lower the octopus into boiling water.
- Cook the octopus for 25 to 35 minutes. To see if cooked, pierce the thickest part of the octopus with the help of a sharp paring knife or a toothpick. It should go through without much resistance.
- Remove the octopus from the pot and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Trim off and discard and brown leaves or part of the stem of radicchio and cut into quarters then into eights.
- Mix balsamic and honey until well incorporated.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over high heat and add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the radicchios in making sure to not double up for even cooking.
- Pour balsamic over the radicchios and add 3 tbsp of water. Braise in the oven until turns golden brown on top and fork tender.
- Pan fry Fremantle Octopus each side 1 minute over high heat and transfer to the plate.
- Flip the radicchios upside down in the cast iron pan so it is covered in balsamic braising liquid. Transfer radicchio to your plate with Fremantle Octopus.
- Garnish is with smoked almonds and fried sage. Enjoy!
calculating... January 29, 2021
Fremantle Octopus with Braised Radicchio
- 2 people