- Pre-heat the oven on top grill with fan assist setting to 200C.
- Remove the Raw Fremantle Octopus from the pouch and rinse under cold running water.
- Fill a steaming pot with water making sure that water is below the tray line, bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Line the steaming basket with Fremantle Octopus, making sure to evenly distribute to achieve even cooking.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and insert the steaming basket into the steaming pot. Steam with a closed lid for about 20 minutes.
- To check doneness, pierce through the thickest part of the octopus with a sharp knife. It should go through without much resistance, if not steam for additional 1-2 minutes.
- Split baby cos lettuce lengthways and lightly brush with olive oil and season with salt. On a baking tray place cos lettuce facing split side up and grill until golden brown, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- In a mortar and pestle add garlic and anchovy fillet. Beat until a smooth paste forms. Add lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, parmesan, salt and black pepper. Mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer steamed Fremantle Octopus and cos lettuce to the plate and dress it with generous spoonful of Ceaser dressing. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and freshly cracked black pepper. Enjoy!
calculating... December 11, 2020
Fremantle Octopus Ceaser Salad
- 2 people