- Drain the Fremantle Octopus jar over a colander in a bowl, discard the marination liquid.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Make sure to reserve some of the cooking or canned liquid to adjust consistency of hummus and whole chickpeas for garnish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the processor and blend for another minute.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt. Process for another minute until blended well.
- Add the chickpeas and blend until smooth. At this point, if the hummus is too thick, add in cooking/canned liquid one tablespoon at a time until you reach perfect consistency.
- Spread the hummus in a bowl of your choice and top it with Marinated Fremantle Octopus. Garnish it with a generous drizzle of olive oil, chickpeas, and dash of paprika.
- At a pinch, you can use your favorite brand of hummus for a meal ready under 5 minutes. Enjoy!
calculating... April 23, 2021
Fremantle Octopus with Hummus
- 2 people