- Drain the Marinated Red Hot Fremantle Octopus over a strainer, set aside until needed.
- Combine the milk, cream, bay leaves, peppercorns, and onion in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, never boil.
- In another pot, melt the butter then add the flour. Constantly stir to cook out the flour. Add the Dijon mustard and cook until fragrant.
- Pass your milk and cream mix through a sieve, then slowly pour 1/3 of the liquid into your flour and butter. Constantly stir to avoid any lumps. Repeat the process until all the liquid is combined and you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the cheddar cheese and mix until all cheese has melted in the sauce. If the sauce is too thick you can add more milk to reach your desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Set your grill at 200C. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add the macaroni, and cook until just al dente. Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce you have prepared. Mix through the drained Red Hot Fremantle Octopus and check for seasoning. Make sure to save some octopus for garnishing.
- Pour the octopus mac mixture into a large serving bowl or individual dishes. Mix the breadcrumbs and grated cheese together and evenly coat the top of the mac and cheese.
- Place under the grill until the top is golden and crunch. Finish with some of the reserved octopus meat, serve and eat immediately.
calculating... April 2, 2021
Red Hot Fremantle Octopus Mac & Cheese
- 3-4 people